Problems with Events

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:12

Problems with Events

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

I have messed up my events module (sf 5) and now I cannot create an event.  I am unsure what setting I screwed up  Is there anyway to reset the settings for a particular module without reinstalling?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi James,

Can you tell us exactly how did you messed up the module? Do you get any specific errors, that might help us determine the cause of the problem and help you resolve it? Any screenshots will be helpful as well.

However if you still want to reinstall the module, you can remove the Events entry from the SystemConfig:

<add version="5.0 2523" name="Events" />

Then if you can build and restart the website the module will be reinstalled. You may also remove all EventConfig's you find in the the Configuration directory.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2012 00:00

I guess I didn't mess it up as bad as I thought I did.  I orginally thought that I was getting the following error as noted in my other post:
Error: An Item with the URL '/2012/03/30/Event Title'  already exists error

Thank you for responding though - can I use this to fix any module that I might screw up in the future? 

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi James,

Glad to hear that the actual module was not broken.

Regarding the fix for the modules in the SystemConfig - yes, you can use it.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed