Change Default URl

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:33

Change Default URl

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Team,
         I have a doubt.How can i change the default url of page in sitefinity.

Regards
Vaiga

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

Dear Vaiga

In the pages section click on 'Actions' and choose 'Title and Properties' of the page you want to change the URL.

There is a section URL (see attached screenshot)

If I missunderstood please explain a bit in more detail.

Kind regards
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2012 00:00

Dear Markus,
             This is what i want.But in your screen shot 'divers' is the name of the parent page.So    when i try to change the url,i can't edit or remove the parent page name.So the parent page name is always there in the url. is it possible to change or remove parent page name from the url, if yes how is it possible?
Hope you got me.
Regards
Sanoop.s

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2012 00:00

Dear Sanoop
This starts to feel like an endurance test and I must say that I am about to give up.
But I try it one more time.

There is NO way to do this out of the box.

Have you tried the workaround in this thread? http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/general-discussions/528747-issues-with-url.aspx

By the way. It does not matter how often you ask the same question in different forums in different ways.

Markus

This link might help you.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

This is expected behavior by the system. If you create a new page for example the page name will be the url and the child of the new page will have the name of its parent.

What I can suggest you as a workaround is to use a 3rd party URL Rewriter module. However if you use a rewriter, it should iterate over all the pages you want to change and for each additional url of a page generate a string like that:

<rewrite url="~/parentPageName/childPageName" to="~/YourPageName"/>
If you need any further assistance, feel free to write back.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Tacheva,

Thanks for your reply.Am very fresher in sitefinity so i don't know how to use a third party control in sitefinity.So can you please explain it for me.I think i need a step by step instruction about that.
 I Am using
Sitefinity5.0.
Visual studio 2010.
Windows7.    

Hope you can help me and waiting for your instructions..

Regards
Vaiga

Hi,

Can you please read the following articles:
http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/664/using-url-rewrite-module-20/
http://urlrewriter.net/index.php/support/configuration
In the first article you can find information about the installation of URL Rewrite 2.0. The second one is connected with the configuration in Visual Studio and the information is described step by step.

Regards,

Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed