Concurrent Users

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:51

Concurrent Users

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

Still need clarification 
I have created a custom profile which my users can input their profile information. They can enter and update their bio as well as add photos to their photo album. The account they have has a role professional. They are not in either the Backend or the Administrator roles. I have provided them a custom module to update their profiles. 

Will they be locked out at any time?

I'm not positive, but I believe that the concurrent user limit is for "backend users" only. Front end (visitors) should be fine. I'm not sure what the limit for that would be (server capacity?)

Definitive Answer is needed for everyone
Well, we sure hope so, but we need it in writing from a Telerik representative. 

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

Can we please have a response on this from a telerik sitefinity employee?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2012 00:00

@Jaime,

I'm not an official representative, but Telerik has clarified this on the forums several times and Dan is correct. Only logged in users marked with 'backend access' are counted against licensing limits.

Users who are not marked as having 'backend access' will be able to access & login to your website at all times and are only limited to your server configuration. If you require signed and written confirmation I'd suggest contact your partner manager or sales rep. 

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2012 00:00

Fail
Unfortunately, this is a failed attempt at answering my question. The question was simple yes or no question and stands as follows:

"Still need clarification 
I have created a custom profile which my users can input their profile information. They can enter and update their bio as well as add photos to their photo album. The account they have has a role professional. They are not in either the Backend or the Administrator roles. I have provided them a custom module to update their profiles. 

Will they be locked out at any time?"

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

Regarding the concurrent users:

www.sitefinity.com/.../clarification-on-quot-concurrent-cms-users-quot.aspx

Can you tell us what do you mean by "locked out at any time" ?

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

I think locked out is pretty clear, (Not able to make changes without bumping another user because of 5 concurrent backend user / administrator user limit). 

The main thing is that I have given a different role some permissions to change account information  and images/albums, other module info etc... but they are not backend users or administrators.

"Limitations are set only for backend users that are logged in to the administration area of the CMS where you can create,edti update pages, content, users, permissions etc. There are no limitations to the public part of a secured ( not secured) website. "

So, therefore any pages I create for administration outside of the backend are to be considered manageable to any number of concurrent members as long as they are not backend or Administrator role users ?

Can you please answer my question or verify the above statement with a simple yes or no?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2012 00:00

Disappointed
I am a little discouraged that this post has been here for over a week and I still don't have a telerik employee able to give me a definitive  answer. I can't imagine this question needs much thought to answer for a person who is better informed. Please start supporting the community again. 

Falling off the map.
Is the slow support an indication that SF will fall of the map one of these days? It seems that responses come hours or days later from posters. Just thelack of questions being asked is a red flag for me. Itshows there is little community here and little attention from the actual staff who moderate this forum. 

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello Jaime,

First, to address your question:
 "...therefore any pages I create for administration outside of the backend are to be considered manageable to any number of concurrent members as long as they are not backend or Administrator role users."

That is absolutely correct . If you create interface that , for example, allows people to submit news items and place this interface on your public facing website, your visitors would only need to be members of a role that has sufficient permissions for news. Since these visitors are members neither of the BackendUsers nor the Administrators  roles, they will not be counted towards the limitation.

As for your comment regarding the speed of support  - please note that this is a public forum, designed for the Sitefinity community to help each other. Our staff actively participates in it, which however does not mean that we claim any guaranteed forum response time. We try to be as helpful as possible, but if you need a reply in a timely manner, you can use our support ticketing system where turnaround times are guaranteed.

Regards,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed