Help cannot access Footer content

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:22

Help cannot access Footer content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am new to Sitefinity CMS and I am having difficulty accessing areas of a site from the interface. Specificaly I cannot find a way to access and edit the footer of the the site, only the content in the body. Any help would be greatl appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben, are you using a Master Page (.master file) for your template? If so you'll likely need to edit this file directly to make changes to non-content areas such as header and footer.

If you're not using master pages, you should be able to modify the templates under the Design -> Page Templates section. Some templates are based on other templates, so make sure you're opening the base template, as that will be the most editable.

This section will also tell you if you are using a master file and its location in the file system.

I hope this is helpful!

Many thanks for the response. It is using a master page although I cannot edit the structure of this? It allows me to change only very basic options in the interface and only within the body. I can dinf the master page although I do not have access to do root directory only through the CMS itself. Does this present a problem?

Again my thanks

To edit a master file you'll need to use an editor like Visual Studio or notepad and edit the file directly. This can be done via ftp or if you have access to the full original project in visual studio and open the master file from there.

You'll need to make your changes then reupload them back to the webserver via ftp.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2017 00:00

Administration > File Structure > App Master

This thread is closed