Difference between two configuration sections (blogs)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:29

Difference between two configuration sections (blogs)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,
please can someone explain the difference between two configuration sections, for example:

Blogs->Controls->PostsBackend->Views->BlogsBackendInsertPost
and
ContentView->PostsBackend->Views->BlogsBackendInsertPost
I want to change a control for url name mirroring, but I don't know where to change it. Additionally, even if I save it, the new setting is not remembered. Maybe it is connected to this bug: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/developing-with-sitefinity/fieldtype-in-configuration-section-not-saved.aspx 

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for using our services.

Making a configuration change to these definitions in both places will have the same effect on the system. We have exposed these configurations for our base modules in the root of the Advanced configurations screen for easier navigation, however they are equivalent to the ones under ContentView->Controls, where all definitions for ContentView controls are grouped.

I hope you find the above information useful. Please do not hesitate to get back to me if you need any additional information or have some further questions. I'll be glad to assist you further.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Boyan,

thank you for reply. To my second point, can you please confirm such bug exists?
If yes, can you please suggest workaround? I'm not sure how to write the configuration manually.

Thank you,
Robert

This thread is closed