Printing Forms Results?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:39

Printing Forms Results?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2012 00:00

Since form data is stored in sitefinity, how can i print form results in such a way that it displays in a decent, readable, printable format? 

I tried clicking the form, clicking the edit button, and printing that page but I have a large form and it only prints the first page and even that is cut off.

I also tried using the export feature, but the CSV contains so much extra data and the formatting is terrible.  I just want it to print out looking the way ti does in the edit results window.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2012 00:00

the only way i see it is by creating the code yourself in a user control that extracts all the results from teh database and listing them in the way that you want. and then you can print it nicely.
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2012 00:00

It technically already does that.  The edit option opens the form and displays it nicely with the field names and data formatted just as it appears on the site... the problem is, it doesn't print.  when you use the browser print function it prints the page underneath it (where you clicked on the form to view it) and not the form itself.  Is there anyway to add something to that "Edit" display that will force the browser to print it instead?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2012 00:00

This would all be solved if they fix the export on the backend...I've had this reported for about a year

Problem:
1) The exported column names are the "DeveloperNames" for the columns.  No user in their right mind is creating a form then adding a meaningful dev name...they should export with their Alias instead (that you see in the backend)
2) Like Robert said, you get more data than just the visible columns, nobody wants that

This thread is closed