Updating License on Azure

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:23

Updating License on Azure

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2012 00:00

My 5.0 Enterprise trial ran out but Telerik was kind enough to offer me a slight extension while we continue evaluating the software.  When I attempt to upload the new license to Sitefinity, I am met with an error stating that I don't have access to the path e:\sitesroot\0\App_Data\Sitefinity\Sitefinity.lic and that access is denied.

When running in Debug mode from Visual Studio locally and attempting to apply the .lic file locally and THEN publish to Azure, I get the same error except the path listed is my local file structure.

Please advise, I'm locked out of everything until I can apply the update.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello Corby,

It's great to hear that you received a trial extension. Since your license file has expired, here's what you should do to activate the extended license file:

1. Login to your Sitefinity.com account and download the license file for the extended trial
  2. Go to the file directory of your Sitefinity website and manually replace the Sitefinity.lic file, which can be found in ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/ folder of each Sitefinity website. The name of the file should always be Sitefinity.lic.
  3. Restart the website after you make the change and everything should work as before.

It's probably best to replace the license file locally and then upload the project to Azure. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Anton Hristov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed