Changing page layout breaks placeholders / javascript

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:57

Changing page layout breaks placeholders / javascript

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2012 00:00

I am redesigning a website that has been deployed in SF version 4.4

I have upgraded the site to version 5.0.

I am creating new templates with new master page, and am switching the template from existing pages to my new template(s).

On previous versions, given that sitefinity would not know the placeholders/layouts where to put the widgets when passing from a template to another, the widgets would be placed in the first valid region it could find, and then I could drag them and position them where I wanted.

On version 5, instead of placing the widgets into a valid region, it piles them up on top of the page where I cannot drag them, and the Edit UI javascript breaks and cannot do anything...

I am attaching an image to better show where the "orphaned" widgets/controls are rendered.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2012 00:00

I found another post here that talks about my issue,

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/4-1-sp1-template-change-and-master-pages---layout-break.aspx 

basically, the contentPlaceHolder that visual studio generates in the <head/> section of the masterpage document, is being used to drop widgets into, and this breaks the javascript in the edit ui.

This thread is closed