Meta Tags Issue in Sitefinity 5

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:48

Meta Tags Issue in Sitefinity 5

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2012 00:00

I have upgraded my CMS to sitefinity 5 but having issue with meta tags.

Pipe ( | ), &, -, are not accepting in meta title. Is there any modification i require to do?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2012 00:00

Jessica,

by default, the SEO Title field has a regular expression validator that prohibits these and other characters from the title.

You can modify (or remove) this regex validation by going to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced

From there expand to ContentView > Controls > FrontendPages

You need to update this setting in both FrontendPagesCreate and FrontendPagesEdit (so that you can change existing page titles if you wish as well)

These sections are the definitions for all the fields, controls, dialogs etc for the Create/Edit screens for pages.

Navigate to Sections > SeoSection > Fields > SeoTitle > Validation

Here under RegularExpression is the regex string used to validate input. If you know regex you can modify or create your own screen to limit characters, or simply delete the string entirely to allow any character.

Be sure you're in the Validation node, and not the SeoTitle node. The SeoTitle node has its own Regex property, but this is used to fitler out these controls, which is why it replaces such characters with a dash - character.

Here is a video that might help on my Sitefinity Guru blog

Hope this is helpful!

This thread is closed