Uninstalling custom module - Bytanium Software Breadcrumbs Widget
We have developed a site in version 4.4.2117.0 which uses the Bytanium breadcrumb widget from the market place.
I need to update Sitefinity to v5.0.2800.0 but the breadcrumb widget does not support the latest version.
I have search the forum regarding uninstalling/remove custom module without any success. Can someone outline the steps that are needed to completely remove custom modules please?
Rather than having to wait for Bytanium software to update their controls before I can ugrade Sitefinity I would rather use the breadcrumb control that is now built in.
Yeah we did this exact thing too, it's not as hard as you're thinking
1) Edit your page\template....delete the control (it should show an error on the control not crash the page...did for us anyway)
2) Add the SF widget instead
3) Remove the toolbox config item
4) Remove the DLL from the bin folder
5) Recycle the AppPool (just in case)
Thanks Steve, that did the job.
Just to be thorough, I think there is also a mapping that can be removed from VirtualPathSettingsConfig.config. No problem leaving it, but it is unneeded once you remove the rest.