How do you easily run code behind solutions on your producti

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:28

How do you easily run code behind solutions on your production machine?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2012 00:00

I find that many of the solutions provided in these forums require a code behind solution. That means that the code must be compiled. Since we have a production server/database separate from our development/testing server/database, any code-behind solution must go through a series of steps before they are deployed to the production server/database.

This works for permanent solutions, but it not realistic for temporary code to make settings changes. (example: any time someone says, 'well it's easier to get app.pages() and loop over it running x over each)

Just a practical question: How do you manage this complexity? (and reduce turn-around times) I'm looking for some best practices to make sure I'm not going about this the hard way.

Thanks,

P.S. It may be obvious at this point, but I'm from a PHP/Coldfusion background where server code changes were auto-compiled as needed. I like this .Net solution, but it requires changes in workflow that aren't apparent to those of us newer to this type of solution.

This thread is closed