Cannot Login

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:11

Cannot Login

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2012 00:00

We are having an issue where our users can no longer login.  When they attempt to login, there presented with:

Someone is already using this username and password from another computer or browser.
To proceed, you need to log him/her off.

When they click the "Log the other user off and enter" button and confirm the popup, they are simply redirected back to the login page, with the following message:

You have been logged out from another computer or browser window.

If they enter the username and password again, the same cycle happens.  This is happening across multiple browsers on multiple computers.  The only way I've been able to logon is when browsing the site through the server.  Any remote browser has this issue.

EDIT:  Seems that Firefox 11 and IE8 are OK.  Chrome and IE9 are having this issue.

I've even forced logged out the users with an admin account with no help.  We've reset IIS, cleared cache, etc, etc... but can't seem to figure this issue that has appeared out of nowhere.

We are running 5.0.2800.0.  Please help.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2012 00:00

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2012 00:00

I ran into this problem when running multiple sites locally to try some things out.  This error happened when I had different users with the same email address.  I don't really understand why this would happen, since they were separate sites (though on the same server), but giving each user a distinct email address made it go away.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2012 00:00

Hmmm... That is our scenario also, but in this case, we actually need to have multiple sites running in production.  They all actually point to the same database, but have minor differences and logic.  They also all have the appropriate licenses. 

@Telerik:  Are we breaking something by having this type of setup?  It started happening when we added a 3rd site which pointed to the same database as the other two sites, but is accessed by a different domain.  Again, we have licenses for each domain.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2012 00:00

Each of my sites have their own database, which is why I don't understand why there should be a conflict.  This is a concern if we have a staging and production site with the same users.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2012 00:00

@Telerik... any help?

Why is this issue browser specific?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2012 00:00

There's more info here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/login-issue.aspx
I still haven't really figured this out.  There are two items related to login, some fields in the database and a cookie on the client.  There does seem to be browser dependency -- I can't get IE8 to log off another user.  I have good luck with Firefox.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2012 00:00

FWIW: Check the redirect_uri arg in the querystring of the login page, to see where it intends to send you once authenticated... it helped me solve a login issue with converting to V5 where we had saved '/Sitefinity/login' as the URL to login, but this has changed in V5... so on requesting the old page we'd get directed to the new authenticate page, where you would login, and then get a 404 because the login page doesn't exist... Doh!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2012 00:00

One of the things we discovered with this issue is the URL appears to be case sensitive, so it your virtual directory is TestSite, then use something like testserver/.../
We found if we used testserver/.../ then we would get various issues like the redirect loop.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2013 00:00

On my Windows 8 desktop FF logs in but Chrome and IE(10) have this issue. On my Windows 7 laptop all 3 work (IE9)

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi,

What I would suggest you is to review the following Sitefinity forum where a client has the same problem. Furthermore, please go to Administration -> Settings-> Security  and check the Authentication Cookie - by defualt we are using sliding expiration and a timeout of 2 hours is set for the cookie and this is the specified value. If the problem still persist would it be possible for you to open a support ticket and send us a link to your web site and login credentials in order to investigate the problem in more depth.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2013 00:00

For me the whole issue had to do with the date and time of the server. I logged into the box and found that the time was set to the day before. The server time had fallen back and was not updating so the cookies were sometimes expiring immediately. Updated the time and all started working.

Was happening on Sitefinity 4.4 and 5.4

This thread is closed