Bug in forum post - possible DOS attack vector

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:38

Bug in forum post - possible DOS attack vector

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2012 00:00

Bugs Bugs Bugs
Notice that this link doesn't work any more. There is a bug in the forum that allows a user to post invalid markup that breaks the post so it can never be viewed again. I didn't do this on purpose and wasn't able to reproduce this dos attack. 

It is a little bit annoying because I was trying to follow the instructions in this now broken forum post. 

http://www.sitefinity.com/server-error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/devnet/forums/preview-thread/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/content-widgets---filtering-by-custom-field-of-type-classification.aspx 

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2012 00:00

Ok, thanks, I can read some of my old posts again. 

...I've made telerik aware of the problem...no real movement on it

Perhaps they're just gonna ignore, since they're in the process of migrating to 5?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello,

This is not a DOS attack vector. We are temporary having redirect issues with some of the old forum posts. We are working on this. As a workaround, I'd suggest you use the Forum search functionality - it should return you the right forum posts' URLs.

Apologies for the inconvenience, guys.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2012 00:00

If you reply to an old post it updates the link and breaks it, so I would disagree. There are no entry points to executing code on the server but I can still make a few posts difficult to view by making replies to them. 

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Jamie,

If you reply to an old post it updates the link and breaks it, so I would disagree.  

Perhaps I am missing something. Could you please clarify where do you see this behavior?

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2012 00:00

Well, the way I discovered this is by replying to a post that I wrote a long time ago. After I replied I could no longer read the post. I don't know how else I can explain it. 

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the follow up. We'll try to replicate the issue once again. 
We appreciate your time spent on this case. 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed