Sorting Libraries Alpha

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:57

Sorting Libraries Alpha

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2012 00:00

Is there any way to sort my libraries (Images, Documents, etc) alpha (a-z) when I am working in the image library or selecting an image from the list?  I have over 100 libraries and the random sorting is driving me crazy. 

Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2012 00:00

I would also like a reply to this question.  Can anyone show me a way to put the libraries in alpha order?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Well 

I have now a site with will have about 200 image libraries. Picking the right one at the moment is a hassle since the libraries don't seem to be sorted. Narrowing down search does help though.

Sorting should not only be done by the first letter but correct all the way down. One of the small things I am wishing for in 5.2 :-)

Is there a PITS for this? I would love to vote on this!

See image

Markus

@Telerik - No need to provide a solution that will ask me to create my own templates and so on. I want it out of the box :-)

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Agree, this should definitely be out of the box.  All libraries and documents should have the option of search and sorting alphabetically.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2012 00:00

Another example would be uploading images and selecting a library.

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_library_selection.swf 

Realy would help if they were sorted alphabetically correct down to the last letter. 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2012 00:00

Would someone from Telerik be able to respond please as our client has just queried this also.

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2012 00:00

Dear Richard

You find the answer in this thread

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/general-discussions/order-of-pages-multilingual-nightmare.aspx 

a) there is a workaround when uploading -> Liam gave the idea (did not try it yet)
b) the answer from Terlerik would indicate that the best thing you can hope for is 5.3 to get some better sorting out of the box

Sorry

Markus

This thread is closed