Sitefinity 5 Error Cannot open user default database

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:33

Sitefinity 5 Error Cannot open user default database

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2012 00:00

I am using Sitefinity 5 project manager on a localhost to develop a site. I've had the site running for a few days. When I started up the system this morning, it suddenly cannot connect to the database that it has had no trouble connecting to previously. The error: Cannot open user default database. Login failed.Login failed for user 'windowsbuild\Nancy Rackleff'. I have seen other posts about this and have tried all solutions that I have found an none have worked. I made sure that the windowsbuild\Nancy Rackleff user has full permissions on the Sitefinity.mdf and Sitefinity_log.ldf files. I also downloaded and installed the SQL Server Manager and made sure I was not otherwise connected to the database in case there were too many connections. Any other ideas?

Stack trace if it will help:
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'windowsbuild\Nancy Rackleff'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SQLException: Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'windowsbuild\Nancy Rackleff'.]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps, ConnectionPoolType poolType, LogEventStore pes) +1551
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.sql.SqlDriver.InitializeFor(ConnectionString connectionString, Boolean noConnect, PropertySet props, DBDriver& driver, Connection& conn, ConnectionPoolType poolType) +387

[DataStoreException: Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'windowsbuild\Nancy Rackleff'. Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'windowsbuild\Nancy Rackleff'.
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps, ConnectionPoolType poolType, LogEventStore pes)
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.sql.SqlDriver.InitializeFor(ConnectionString connectionString, Boolean noConnect, PropertySet props, DBDriver& driver, Connection& conn, ConnectionPoolType poolType)]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMetaDataProvider_e024712f6f88472e832b686c2e37daae.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +405
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +1972
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +74
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +526

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +117
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +247
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +88
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +120
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +232
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +307
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +386
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +116
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +192
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +1504
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +348
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +200
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +286

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2012 00:00

A little more info. I have created a couple more projects and this has happened each time. When I try to view the files in SQL Server Management Studio, here is the exact error: "The specified file is either not a valid SQL Server Compact file or it is corrupted. Would you like to repair it?" I say yes and then I can see it. In the left pane of Management Studio there is a tree. "Tables" is the first item. When I click to open it, it has "System Tables" inside, but no tables listed. Should I see tables?

This thread is closed