Why not Sitefinity 5.0 SP1 with the latest RadControls versi

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:32

Why not Sitefinity 5.0 SP1 with the latest RadControls version (2012.1.411) available at that moment?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2012 00:00

Hi,

Question 1, why has the 5.0 SP1 package not the latest version of RadControls (2012.1.411) which was already available at the SP1 release? Now I'm having a (DefaultButton) problem discussed here which is already solved in the latest RadControls version!

Question 2, what is the best way to fix the issue?

Regards,
Peter

1) It usually comes down to the new version is released to close to an SF release so there's not enough time to reliably test that everything still works (or so I hear).  I've long complained about this, and have been assured by the higher-ups they're working on syncing the Q releases into SF.  I hope this makes 5.1 because the new OA has some killer features I NEED....also radcontrols pivot grid would be nice to use here.

2) I suppose you could just drop in the new assembly (overwrite the old one) and put in some assembly bindings in your webconfig to tell the app to use the new version.  This clearly wouldn't be SUPPORTED if you have issues, but I can't forsee issues...2012.1.411 is just a SP release itself.

...but you never know, like have a peek at the telerik Reporting version in the bin folder...that's busted old.

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm what Steve has said. The actual reason was that we have found some breaking changes. We are working on resolving those. Unfortunately, at this point I cannot say with certainty will the update happen with 5.1 or with a possible Service Pack 2. However, I want to assure you that we do understand that this is a problem and are working on resolving it.

Also, starting with Sitefinity 5.1 Sitefinity and Telerik Open Access will be released in parallel. We have setup a joint testing environment where the latest drops of Sitefinity and latest drops of Telerik Open Access are tested daily with test suites of both products, which will give us early feedback and allow us to release in parallel.

Greetings,

Ivan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2012 00:00

Good to hear that you are working on this issue. I solved my problem by Steve's suggestion by the way. Thanks for that!

Regards,
Peter

Unfortunately I ran into the first problem after updating the RadControls dlls. I don't have the defaultbutton issue anymore (that was fixed), but I cannot edit or create contentblocks anymore because of the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not find the specified key "SetToIframeForFullHTMLError" or class id "RadEditor.Main".

I reverted the update and my first (defaultbutton) problem is back and I can edit/create contentblocks again.

What is the best way to solve my issues? Use a workaround (mentioned in the thread) to fix the defaultbutton issue?

Hello,

the error you are getting is due to missing localization resources. As the products evolve, new labels are added and we add those on each upgrade, however as we do not support this one, it hasn't been added. There is, however, a relatively easy fix for this particular problem.

What you need to do is to add the localization resource through Sitefinity (keep in mind that there may be more than one issue of this kind). I have attached a video showing how to do this.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Ivan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed