How to enter data in custom module from code behind.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:56

How to enter data in custom module from code behind.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2012 00:00

I created a module in Sitefinity. But the data entries, I have to enter through another service rather than through Sitefinity. Editing 
operation on Sitefinity performed laterHow do these data entry from codebehind. How to create new module list data with code.

Thanks for your help

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2012 00:00

Hello,

I am assuming you have created a custom module by following samples in our SDK. Sitefinity uses Provider Model pattern and transactions to work with data.

Here is an article that describes how to create a front end widgets for the sample Jobs module. The last code sample demonstrates a simple create operation using server side C# code.
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/developers-guide/how-to/how-to-create-a-jobs-module/creating-the-frontend-and-backend-views/creating-the-frontend-view 

In general, the architecture of all Sitefinity modules is same, so this very same principle applies to custom modules as well as built in modules, like news for example:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/developers-guide/sitefinity-essentials/modules/news 

Also, in case you are not familiar, I suggest you get familiar with the Provider Model pattern as most of Sitefinity backend is based on that very pattern:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/developers-guide/deep-dive/provider-model 

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Ivan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2012 00:00

Hi Ivan,

I have problem with your documentation pages. I couldn't open that pages which you sent.
It gives me an error : 

Server Error in '/documentation' Application.

There is no configuration for data provider with the name of "OPENACCESSUSERACTİVİTYPROVİDER" for "Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserActivityManager" manager. Please check the spelling of the name and whether such configuration exists.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.MissingProviderConfigurationException: There is no configuration for data provider with the name of "OPENACCESSUSERACTİVİTYPROVİDER" for "Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserActivityManager" manager. Please check the spelling of the name and whether such configuration exists.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[MissingProviderConfigurationException: There is no configuration for data provider with the name of "OPENACCESSUSERACTİVİTYPROVİDER" for "Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserActivityManager" manager. Please check the spelling of the name and whether such configuration exists.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +602
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +255
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.AuthenticateRequest(HttpContextBase context) +1061
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.AppContext_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +29
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +213
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

I take this error with using sitefinity 5. Maybe our Turkey region has problem with your documentation pages.
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/bugs-issues/anyone-seen-a-server-warning-for-openaccessuseractivityprovider.aspx 

Can you send me a pdf documentation ?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2012 00:00

Hello Onur,

We had a small problem with the Turkish localization, which is fixed in the service pack. In a few days we will make an upgrade of our Documentation Portal and you wont have any problems accessing it.

Unfortunately we do not have the developers guide as a pdf file but we changed the localization culture of the Documentation Portal to English, so I think you will be able to open it now.

I will write to you when we have made the upgrade.
If you have any other problems do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Kristian Smilenov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed