Forms Notification E-mail - Field Order

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:07

Forms Notification E-mail - Field Order

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2012 00:00

I use George's sitefinity forms notification (www.gsaadeh.com/.../Forms_Module_Notification_1_2.aspx) and when the e-mail gets sent, it seems to put the fields in whatever order it wants to. 

Does anyone know of a way I can control the order the fields are put in on the the e-mail it creates?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2012 00:00

still looking for anyone familiar with this issue.  let me know.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2012 00:00

bump.  would love to know if anyone has ever used the forms notification mod and how they dealt with this issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2012 00:00

In the FormsControlCustom.cs file there is a submit_Click event that loops over the FieldControls. therefore if you want to change the order you can do so in there. You will need to adapt to your needs.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2012 00:00

I have been using Forms Notification, and find it great with the exception of the field order issue...

Sitefinity technical support lead me to this discussion (see link below) which I found very helpful in getting my Forms Notification email ordered in a satisfactory way.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/general-discussions/dynamically-displaying-form-responses-with-field-titles.aspx

It is the only way I have found to date that allows me to control the order of the fields on the email.

This thread is closed