Module Install Issue Sitefinity 5.0.28

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:39

Module Install Issue Sitefinity 5.0.28

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2012 00:00

Hi All,

I have a problem about installation modules on sitefinity.
I had a custom module which I copied from jobs module. But I never started this module fine.
It gaves me the issue below : 

Server Error in '/' Application.

No metadata has been registered for class SoftCms.Modules.Guests.Data.GuestItem. (This usually indicates, that either this class is not declared persistent or it is declared persistent but not enhanced. The class was loaded from file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/SoftCms/bin/SoftCms.Modules.Guests.DLL.)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.OpenAccessException: No metadata has been registered for class SoftCms.Modules.Guests.Data.GuestItem. (This usually indicates, that either this class is not declared persistent or it is declared persistent but not enhanced. The class was loaded from file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/SoftCms/bin/SoftCms.Modules.Guests.DLL.)

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[OpenAccessException: No metadata has been registered for class SoftCms.Modules.Guests.Data.GuestItem. (This usually indicates, that either this class is not declared persistent or it is declared persistent but not enhanced. The class was loaded from file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/SoftTechCms/bin/SoftCms.Modules.Guests.DLL.)]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessRoleProvider_eeed274bb8f04ce7bf7b0c7961183c6a.GetRolesForUser(Guid userId) +230
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.RoleManager.GetAllRolesOfUser(Guid userId) +1105
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SitefinityIdentity.GetRoles() +367
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SitefinityIdentity..ctor(FormsAuthenticationTicket ticket) +342
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.BuildIdentity(HttpContextBase context) +608
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.BuildPrincipal(HttpContextBase context) +103
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.AuthenticateRequest(HttpContextBase context) +100
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.AppContext_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +29
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Thanks for your help.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2012 00:00

Onur, are you using OpenAccess for the data layer in your custom Guests module? If so, make sure that

1. your csproj file has been enhanced with open access: http://www.telerik.com/help/openaccess-orm/fluent-mapping-integration-enhancer.html
2. you have installed the same version of OpenAccess as is used by the Sitefinity website. this is usually done by installing the Sitefinity SDK that matches the Sitefinity version, as it includes OpenAccess

hope this is helfpul!

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2012 00:00

Thank you for your answer ,

1. your csproj file has been enhanced with open access: http://www.telerik.com/help/openaccess-orm/fluent-mapping-integration-enhancer.html

that solved my issue.

This thread is closed