Named anchors in HTML Editor?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:37

Named anchors in HTML Editor?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2012 00:00

Hi - I am trying to add named anchors into the HTML editor. I notice that the underlying RadEditor (according to the documentation) includes this feature by default. But it is not apparent how to override this in the template. All I can see is to remove DialogHandlersUrl but I don't want to eliminate the other SF dialogs.

Any suggestions?
thanks
Tanya

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2012 00:00

I just had a client ask the same question today. Anyone have any ideas on this? I know I can put them in the HTML myself but it seems like you should be able to use the editor.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2012 00:00

Hello guys,

This feature is not implemented yet, but is included in the plans and will be live really soon. I can offer two possible workaround until then:

1. In the lists module widget there are several templates and one of them is Anchor list. If you organize your content in lists and apply the Anchor list template in the widget, the list items will be displayed as a list with links. When one of these links is clicked it will point right to the content. Below every item a Back to top link will be displayed so you will be able to easily go back to the main list.

2. The second option would be to create anchors through the html mode of the editor. Let's say you want to link from Section1 to Section 2, located on a certain page. Mark Section1 and click the Hyperlink Manager. In the Web address field insert #section2. This directs the link to an element with html name tag section2. Then switch to HTML view and surround Section2 with an anchor tag. The last thing you need to do is to add a name attribute to the anchor. Its name should be section2 - same as the one you entered in Section1's web address field.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2012 00:00

I'm not actually using SiteFinity but have been trying to find the answer to this regarding the RadEditor for a while - and I assume it's the same wysiwyg? Can you tell us when the update will be released... assuming it hasn't already? Many thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Chris,

This feature is available in the RadEditor. It is one of the views of the LinkManager. Please take a a look at the RadEditor demos for more information:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/overview/defaultcs.aspx 

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2012 00:00

Thanks for your reply! I've followed the link you provided, but this seems to be a general overview and I can't find any details relating to "InsertAnchor" or "LinkManager" using the in-site search (or Google for that matter). Sorry to be a pain, but can you provide a link to the relevant page if there is one? Many thanks!

Hello Chris,

Don't worry about asking questions! We're here to help. 

You can also take a look at the RadEditor documentation and particularly theToolBar section, where all tools are listed with a short description of their functionality (including the LinkManager).

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/editor-toolbar-intro.html 

Practically, when you click on the Link manager, you have 3 views that you can choose from. One of these views is the Anchors view, where you can specify a section from your page to link to. Please take a look at the attached image for further reference.

Regards,

Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Thanks once again. I think I may have misunderstood the original query on this page then because I was under the impression (not sure why reading back over it) that they - like me - were trying to insert anchors that they could point to in their anchors/links. It's not the creation of hyperlinks that I have an issue with, I want my client to be able to insert an anchor point in the document without having to switch to code view. Obviously, once they're in the document, you add link to them by name using the default anchor/link manager... but to recap - it's the creation of those markers than you can't seem to do in the editor?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Chris,

Yes, this option is available in the RadEditor, but still hasn't been implemented in our Sitefinity editor. However, we're planning to do this soon. 

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi, a customer of ours had this question today, but I don't see it in the editor. Can it be that this is not implemented yet? Can I vote somewhere to have this implemented? Can I work around it somehow (other than the workarounds provided above)?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Bert,

In HTML5 the anchor tag 'name' attribute is not supported. You could use the 'id' attribute instead (for example):

<h2 id="content">Content</h2>

<a href="#content">Skip to content</a>

In addition, note that on Sitefinity version release, the build-in RadControls are updated respectively.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2015 00:00

So, it's been about 18 months now and we still cannot see the insert anchor functionality in Sitefinity 8.0 - was anything ever delivered on the above promises?

Let me know, thanks

Joel

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Joel,

Actually this functionality is available.

In order to get it you need to add inserLink tool in the editor:

<tool name="InsertLink" />
Administration  > Settings > (Basic) text Editor > (Default tool set) Edit  and add the tool in the section you need.

Than you can use it by Open the Editor > Insert Link tool  > All Properties (screenshot1 / screenshot2)

I hope the information above was useful.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

Unfortunately like a lot of solutions I have found in this forum, the information was rhetorically correct, but not useful as it didn't work in practise.

I tried this tool and many others that were documented as part of the RadEditor package, but am unable to get to a satisfactory result. For example in the "InsertLink" function, after ​saving the dialog it would always insert a link at the start of the content and not where the link was meant to be.

Please see all the options I have tried attached:

* InsertAnchor - "The command InsertAnchor is not implemented yet"

* InsertLink - First page is laid out incorrectly but works. "All properties" looks nice, but does not work. End result is prepended to content, this is not workable.

* LinkManager, SetLinkProperties - come up with Sitefinity tool, but no anchor option

* Links - "The command Links is not implemented yet"

* Unlink - works

* InsertCustomLink - dropdown appears, but empty

* InsertEmailLink - "The command InsertEmailLink is not implemented yet"

* Insert - "The command Insert is not implemented yet"

I thought that Sitefinity included RadEditor and all its functions but it seems to have been cut down to the point that basic and necessary features for many have been disabled, hence why I ask, "when will this feature be available as promised"

Thanks

Joel

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello Joel,

I have check the tools list described as "not implemented yet" but I can not found such tools in the RadEditor documentation.

Regarding the "InsertLink", here is a short video demonstration how it works on the local test I have performed.

In case the issue still persists on your project, could you please open a support ticket in order to inspect your project more detailed.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed