Page keeps opening in new tab

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:25

Page keeps opening in new tab

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2012 00:00

I have one page that keeps opening in a new tab from Sitefinity navigation menu.   If you go to:
www.fortbendisd.com/.../special-programs and then click on Ridgemont Early Childhood Center, it will open in a new tab for some reason.  I cannot find a setting anywhere that would cause this.

I noticed this when testing my upgrade to 5.0sp1 on my staging server, but it also occurs in production running 4.3.

Any ideas?

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2012 00:00

It's tab is set to target="_blank" for some reason...hmmm if you open the page properties of another page, is anything different from that one?

In the meantime if you're SUPER stuck, this will fix it

$(document).ready(function()
       $(".rtsLink[target='_blank']").attr("target", "_self");
);
Just plop it into a javascript widget on the template or something.

@Steve
Just wanted to tell you how extremely valuable your feedback always is and you deliver more then one can expect. A big compliment!!!

@Anthony
I don't think its possible to set a value _blank to regular page.
Was this page a redirect page once maybe?
Markus

It did used to be a group page that was turned into a regular page.  Would that change the target?  When it was a group page it did not open in a new page.

I can always copy the information into a new page and delete the original to see if that solves it, and it is not a very big deal, just kind of strange.

Anthony

...that would probably be better than jQuery if you can do it easily

I remember I had a bug with converting a group back to a normal page...wasn't this...but my memory sucks too bad to remember what it was :)

Dear Anthony
A Group page would usually redirect to the first 'real' page find on hiarchie down.

I would give it a try and rename special-programs  to special-programs_old

I would try to make a new 'real' page named special-programs  and copy the stuff over and see if that changes something.

If this solves it that might be the fastest way.

markus

This thread is closed