Cannot disable comments

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:56

Cannot disable comments

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2012 00:00

Is there any way to completely disable comments site-wide? I am trying to turn them off on an item by item basis, but it is not working. I went into the Settings >Basic > News > Comments Settings and set AllowComments to False. I have saved the changes, but I am still seeing the comments form on individual news articles when I open an article in a browser where I am not logged in to the site at all. Is there another setting overriding this? Thanks for any help you can give.

Nancy,

When I make administration changes that don't apply as immediately as I'd hoped, restarting everything helps.

You can try making a small change to the web.config, saving it, then refresh the page that you were looking at.

Hi Tim,
That sounded like a logical idea. I tried it and it did not work. I am attaching a screeshot that shows what I see as a non-logged-in visitor to the site on the left side of the screen and the news comments settings in the admin interface in the right. Any ideas?

Nancy,

Well, there is another Comments setting in Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Comments -> Comments Settings. If you scroll to the bottom, you'll see "AllowComments". Setting that to "False" should do the trick! :)

D'oh! The comment form is still showing up. I went to Admin > Settings > Advanced > Comments Settings and made sure that "AllowComments" is set to False and saved even though I didn't really change anything. Then I did a quick edit to web.config and saved it. When I reload  or navigate to any of the other news article pages, I still see the comment form. In settings, the checkboxes for "DisplayNameField", "DisplayEmailField" are all unchecked, yet they are showing on the form.

And, my comment config :

<commentsConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="5.0.2860.0">
    <commentsSettings displayNameField="False" isNameFieldRequired="False" displayEmailField="False" displayWebSiteField="False" displayMessageField="False" isMessageFieldRequired="False" postRights="RegisteredUsers" allowComments="False" />
</commentsConfig>

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2014 00:00

This is happening to me also (version 6.3). How do I completely turn off comments? I've even deactivated the comments module and that hasn't done anything.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello all,

Could you please check the pages where the comments widget appears and whether or not it is active? If the module is deactivated it should show a message saying so, and to not show up in the front-end. After uninstalling the module, the widgets should disappear completely, removing it from the widgets toolbox and not making possible to add them on a page.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2015 00:00

So this has been plaguing a client of mine in v7+.  On finally digging down I have found out how to turn this off but it is BURIED!

from main dashboard in backend, go to content->news; then under "Manage also" comments for news on right hand side (rhs), click that then click "Settings" when rhs reloads under "Settings for comments" then expand "commentable types" under the left hand side tree that appears and click "Telerik.Sitefinity.News.Model.NewsItem". Uncheck "Allow Comments" then save.

Note to Sitefinity - I love the granularity.. hate that it's so buried :P

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi,

This will disable comments for a specific type, not the comments module itself. Those settings are also available from Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> CommentsModule -> Commentable types.
Information how to turn on/off comments per type is provided in this documentation article.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2017 00:00

awesome 
Normal foam evaluate about 7-8 extra pounds <a href="bestcribmattressz.com">Crib Mattress Reviews</a> When it comes to air movement, this child cushion nice.

This thread is closed