Telerik.Sitefinity was not granted ManageLicenses in Backend

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:05

Telerik.Sitefinity was not granted ManageLicenses in Backend for principals Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2012 00:00

We have recently tried upgraded from 4.4 to 5.0 four times without success! 
 We require the SDK to be installed on our server. But  SDK would hang on installation. We attempted to do this three times this week. The first two attempts failed! Finally on the third attempt  I  had to shutdown almost all the processes (www and sql 2008) to get the sdk installed.  Now I thought I was out of the woods, BUT then  when I publish and deploy everything to the production server I get to the License Activation screen. Which is fine. However, I've tried both uploading the license and my sitefinity login but continue to receive the following error: 

Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.StaticRoot, Telerik.Sitefinity was not granted ManageLicenses in Backend for principals with IDs 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000  

We first tested everything on a sandbox sandbox environment (a mirror of our production environment).  
and have upgraded in our sandbox just fine. But when we try to deploy to our production server. We run into one road block after another. 

I found this form http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/deployment/telerik-sitefinity-was-not-granted-managelicenses-in-backend-for-principals.aspx 
but they upgraded from 4.3  to 5.0 and I never accessed our website via ip address 
Please help as we are VERY frustrated!!!!

Stephen

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2012 00:00

Hello Stephen,

I have answered you in the support ticket you have opened. If you wish you can share the answer with the rest of the community.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2012 00:00

Here is the response from Telerik... this was the fix
I am sorry to hear about the troubles you experience. The error 
" Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.StaticRoot, Telerik.Sitefinity was not granted ManageLicenses in backend for principals with IDs 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000 "  is because the user you were using did not have rights to change the license from the UI.

I would advise you to place the license key file to App_Data/Sitefinity folder.

Thank you guys

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2012 00:00

Edit: Just saw the resolution in your later post, I'll try uploading the file manually.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi,

Are you able to share the solution to this problem? I'm getting the same error so any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Nick

This thread is closed