Tutorial for editing master pages in App_Master directory

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:18

Tutorial for editing master pages in App_Master directory

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2012 00:00

We recently launched and discovered that GoogleAnalytics are not tracking across all pages. I found a how-to for adding this at www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-implement-google-analytics-into-sitefinity.aspx
I'm now needing to find a video tutorial or step-by-step for locating the "App_Master directory" and editing the master pages. Whether it's accessible via FTP and the file can be edited via TextWrangler or whether I need to access this through the Sitefinity 5 dashboard, a video tutorial or KnowledgeBase step by step or a little guidance would be extremely appreciated. If there is an easier way to add Analytics tracking across the site, I'm open to that as well.

Specifically, I'm needing to complete the following step. On the next page, you will see some JavaScript code. For each master page in the App_Master directory of your application, copy and paste the code in between the script tags of your master page

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2012 00:00

I assume you realise that info is for V3.

V5 provides a Google-Analytics widget that you can drag & drop onto your template, using the template editor in the CMS.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2012 00:00

Thanks MB. I did not realized I'd pulled a tutorial for an older version.
I've found a Sitefinity 5 tutorial at www.sitefinity.com/.../configuring-the-google-analytics-widget
However, when I drop the widget into the template, configure it by pasting the tracking code and publish, how can I confirm that it is tracking. When I view source code of the pages that use the updated template, none of them show the tracking code in their source code. When I return to the page template on the Sitefinity dashboard, it's still the analytics widget is still present and correctly configured. Am I missing any steps? A screen shot is attached. Thanks again for your help.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2012 00:00

Update:
When I returned to the site later today, the tracking code was viewable in the backend.We're good now. Don't know what that delay was about. Thanks again for your help.

This thread is closed