Site search displays unpublished pages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:57

Site search displays unpublished pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2012 00:00

How do we prevent Sitefinity 5's built-in front-end search function from displaying unpublished pages in its results?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2012 00:00

I'm experiencing this as well, is there any way to suppress unpublished pages from the search results?

I've also unchecked 'Allow search engines to index this page' for these pages, rebuilt the search index, and they still come up in the site search results. Is there anyway to keep the page but remove it from the search results?

@Mark 
The allow search engines to index concernes external pages only.

I once suggested a second checkbox to have the internal seach engin skip indexing as well. I guess it naver made it.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/allow-search-engines-to-index-this-page.aspx 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

Was this issue resolved? Our site is also displaying search results of unpublished pages. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

The issue is fixed in Sitefinity 5.4, so I would advise to upgrade your project in order to overcome it.  

Regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2013 00:00

Hi Benvo,

I have upgraded my project to sitefinity 5.4 but still unpublished pages are showing in search result.
Can you respond asap.

Thanks in advance.

Sumaira,

After the upgrade, did you make sure to re-index the search?

Hi Tim,

I have re-index the search but they still showing unpublished pages in result  even after marking page Show in navigation False too.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

Hi Sumaira,

Have you tried to recreate the search index? If not, delete the broken one and then try to make a new one identical to the previous. You can also try to go to App_Data->Sitefinity->Search folder and find the folder named as the broken index, then delete its contents. After that go to the backend of the project and re-index.

If the problem persist I would advise to submit a support ticket and send us your project. 

Greetings,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2013 00:00

Thanks for posting this. I had to manually remove the old search index and re-create it after the upgrade to get the archived pages to stop showing up in search results.

This thread is closed