Installing Navigation Widget from Marketplace Template

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:20

Installing Navigation Widget from Marketplace Template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2012 00:00

I have recently purchased the AFS (Finance) Template  from the Marketplace.   I am having problems getting the MainMenu widget to work.  I followed these instructions:  

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/designer-s-guide/download-a-template-and-theme-from-sitefinity-marketplace/.  I am getting the following error: 

Unable to find a BaseDataBoundControl derived control in the template

When I attempt to preview the file I get the error below:

Unable to find a BaseDataBoundControl derived control in the template

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find a BaseDataBoundControl derived control in the template

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: Unable to find a BaseDataBoundControl derived control in the template]

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavigationControl.InitializeCurrentNavigationControl() +112

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavigationControl.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container) +13

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +58

System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.  I would like to get this site up and running quickly, which is why I purchased a template in the first place.  :)

Thank you!

This thread is closed