Posting news items to Twitter

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:33

Posting news items to Twitter

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello,

I'm trying to get my newly published news items to show up in Twitter automatically.
I've set up the twitter feed in the backend of sitefinity with the following mapping:

(tried both Content and Summary to see if one or the other worked.)
But all I get is the Title being forwarded to Twitter.

I thought it was pretty straight forward to set this up, perhaps I'm missing something?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2012 00:00

Such a nice and great informative post!!
Thanks for share brilliant info.........:-)

[URL="http://www.mppglobal.com"]eCommerce[/URL]

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2012 00:00

Does anyone have a idea?

I also tried the following settings:

But this still results in the same message where only the title is displayed. I still have no clue why I can't get the Summary (or a part of the news item) and a link to the webpage to show up in Twitter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Rick,

I know this may not be directly related, but it may begin to shed some light!

I have recently setup my blogs as a Twitter feed. I have set mine up as the default mapping (Content = "Title" and Link = "Link"). This seems to almost work correctly. In my tweet I can see the title and url, but in most instances the title appears to get cut off early or disappears all together, which is strange as all my blog posts use the same template.

The only thing I can think is that the amount of characters is causing the title to get cut off as well as the url, although I haven't been able to spend much time trying to figure it out at this point. Additionally, as the title uses the "Sitefinity Details Hyperlink" field, I am wondering if this could be causing it to get cut off aswell.

Regards

This thread is closed