Server Binding or URL Mapping in SF 4.4

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:34

Server Binding or URL Mapping in SF 4.4

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi, 
We recently migrated from SF 3.7 to 4.4.  Previously we had three URL bindings on our site, in combination with URL mappings that would redirect users to an appropriate page based on a campaign URL.
For example, the user enters www.fsj.ourdomain.edu, and is redirected to www.ourdomain.edu/fsj.aspx

(using 3.7 web.config
<telerik><cms>
<urlMappings>
        <add key="www.elements.ourdomain.edu" value="elements" shared="false" />
        <add key="www.fsj.ourdomain.edu" value="fsj" shared="true" />
        <add key="www.intl.ourdomain.edu" value="lindenintl" shared="false" />
      </urlMappings>
</cms></telerik>
However now in SF 4.4, we have added the URL bindings on IIS but I can't seem to figure out how to get them to redirect correctly.  Is there a corresponding section in the new web.config to add my keys?  This seems to be undocumented (or I just can't find anything) but I did note major differences in the web.config.  Adding an additional URL in the page properties doesn't work.  I guess adding a redirect rule might be possible, but I would need some pointers on where to go to find out how to do this.

Any assistance is welcome, we did this migration in mid-campaign with the expectation that it would be unaffected, so we're pressed for time.  Thanks so much, everybody!!

Amy

++++++++++++++++

Amy J. Wilson

Software Developer

Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Amy.Wilson@acphs.edu

This thread is closed