Modifying Dashboard page - Version 5.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:59

Modifying Dashboard page - Version 5.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi,
Can I modify the Dashboard page of Sitefinity? 

I found this link early in February. I not so sure that the Dashboard page is ready to be customized now.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2012 00:00

Hey, NK!

We already have customized the dashboard in SF 5.0.

Just keep in mind you may break it so probably a backup upfront will be a good idea.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Hi Pavel,
Thank you for responses.

I am trying to remove the "Welcome to Sitefinity 5.0" and " Video tutorials about..." sections and replace it with simple text. How do I do that? I am new to version 5.0.

Many thanks,

Hello, NK!
You will need to get to the Backend Pages and then edit the Dashboard.
Unfortunatelly the Dashboard is a single control thing so you can't remove parts of it. You either remove the whole Dashboard control or leave it intact. No customizations on it as far as I see.
If you are still going to remove the Dashboard and add your own content there - follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings
2. Select "Backend Pages"
3. Confirm you know what you're doing on the Caution screen.
4. Expand the Sitefinity node in the pages screen and click edit on the Dashboard page.

You will be in Page edit for the Dashboard page. Unfortunatelly as I said - you're not going to be able to just remove bits of it and leave other bits, you either remove it or leave it.

Caution: Please either get the website backed up (the database mainly) or be extremelly careful as you really can mess the things up. I am not quite sure if you can restore the Dashboard widget in case you want to without having a database restore. This makes it a bit difficult if you're website is live. I suggest doing this on a local website first to check how it is going before doing it on a production website.

Caution 2: In case you screwed the dashboard - you are likelly to land on a page with (depending on how much you screwed it) no menu so your backend may be inaccessible as you have no menu to choose items from. If you loose youre menu, navigate directly to a page other than the dashboard in order to have the backend menu (like http://yoursite/Sitefinity/Pages or http://yoursite/Sitefinity/Administration/BackendPages).
The second Caution really happens if you are editing the Backed Page Template not a backend page but you can break it with some javascript as well so it is possible.

P.S. I added 2 screenshots to help you get to the Dashboard edit page.

P.P.S. We (here @eVeliko) are working on something that may be appear helpful in situations like this but I'll keep it secret until at least the trial gets out so be sure to check the marketplace on a regular basis (sorry for the marketing ;).

Let me know if you need some more help.
Thanks!

Pavel,
I will try to update as little as I can.

Thanks again,

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Pavel,
I have another question on backend Dashboard. After remove/disable the default dashboard control, Can I use the Analytic dashboard control in backend Dashboard page?

If yes, would you tell me how?
If no, is there anythings build in reporting controls, which were used in 3.7 dashboard, I can put on backend Dashboard page?

Please help!!!

Thanks,

This thread is closed