Post cache substitution is not compatible with modules in th

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:24

Post cache substitution is not compatible with modules in the IIS integrated pipeline that modify the response buffers.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2012 00:00

Today I upgraded my Sitefinity project to version 5.0.2860.0 Unfortunately this didn't work as expected. When I login everything seems to work as expected, but as soon I logout I get the exception underneath. I get this exception on every page except the login page. As soon as I login everything works as expected again. What have I done wrong in the upgrade?

Post cache substitution is not compatible with modules in the IIS integrated pipeline that modify the response buffers.  Either a native module in the pipeline has modified an HTTP_DATA_CHUNK structure associated with a managed post cache substitution callback, or a managed filter has modified the response.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2012 00:00

Hey El Barto,

This happens because of a default setting in the web.config in v5.0 (which will be removed in the next versions)

<urlCompression
 doDynamicCompression="true"
 doStaticCompression="true"
 dynamicCompressionBeforeCache="set this to false instead of true"/>

Check the dynamicCompressionBeforeCache line in your web.config, it probably is set to true, once set to false everything works again. 

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2012 00:00

That solved it. Thanks Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2012 00:00

Thanks for this...got me running on arvixe after considerable consternation.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2017 00:00

Hi,

This post is quite old, but I am having same problem with newer version of Sitefinity.

I am having similar problem where it shows this error when I logout from my website. I have another copy of website which has same web.config and I don't see this error. I checked config for dynamicCompressionBeforeCache and it is set to false for both websites (one where I have problem and one where I have not). I compared both web.config files and it does not have any difference. 

I am running sitefinity 6.3.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Atit

This thread is closed