Download list templates.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:54

Download list templates.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2012 00:00

Currently when I click on edit for the download list I have an option of 4 styles. List

List
Table

List + Detail page Download link is on the Detail page.

Table + Detail page Download links are both on the Detail and the Table page

But if I assign a template to use with Table + Details, this will be used on every page on my site that the download list is placed. Is there a way to assign a custom template for Table & Details (or any other option) which will only be used on pages I want, basically setting the template for this widget instance.

Hope this makes some sense.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2012 00:00

This is one of my #1 wishlist wants.  The control has been like that since release, and never updated.  Other widgets you can edit\create new templates, but not with this one, it's global for no reason really.  I think perhaps it was done first and they added\create edit to the other controls, then just never revisited it....or the guy who did it just forgot.

I think you can specify the template if you go into advanced mode, I can't seem to find the forum post on how to do it exactly though :/

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2012 00:00

Thanks Steve, a bit annoying its not possible to change it easily but will search the forum and see if I can find the answer, or maybe a SF support member will see this post. finger crossed.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2013 00:00

For those who have not voted on PITS 

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/7948

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2013 00:00

as a work around to this....and not sure if really answers the question but I simply created an ascx control with a radgrid...set the datasource to App.WorkWith().DocumentLibrary(parentLibrary.Id).Documents().Where(d => d.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live).Get().ToList() and have some bound columns that point to what columns I want.  I create the custom control and drag and drop that in place of where I would want the standard "doanload list table"

This thread is closed