5.1 Module Builder

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:30

5.1 Module Builder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2012 00:00

So I have a 5.0 site with some modules created with the module builder, and I've upgraded to 5.1

I still seem to have all the same contraints of the modules/builder in 5.0... very limited options in the administration of the module itself, and no ability to edit the content values of modules (only the ability to create/delete an item).

I was under the impression that there were significant enhancements due in 5.1

Did these get dropped or is there something wrong with my installation ??

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Mike,

The main focus of this release was the option to have multiple types in one module. It is now possible to create hierarchies of content types in dynamic module like Blogs and Forums hierarchy.

The second big feature is the permissions per fields feature which allows you to specify different access for different users of dynamic items. To enable this feature you need to edit the existing type and check the check box in "Advanced" section

It is also possible to specify different permissions for different types in one module.

We also have additional urls support for the cases a dynamic items changes its parent, or the parents in the hierarchy change their parent or url name.

We have also fixed several pits issues:

• Cannot create custom module with a choices field that has many options - PITS
  • Issues with identifiers when the field for URL generation is changed - PITS
  • Search indexes are broken when the field for URL generation is changed - PITS
  • ContentViewDisplayMode does not work with Custom Modules - PITS
  • Publishing/Saving an item with Media field duplicates the ContentLink records in the database - PITS
  • Two or more content items can be created with the same URL name - PITS
  • Search indexes for custom content types search only in the Title field - PITS

The features that you asked for had lower priority and so they did not go in the plan for the release.

Kind regards,
Lilia Messechkova
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed