Sitefinity 5.1 brings the functionality for turning on and off modules. In order to save memory, you can disable certain modules that you don't use for this web site - their navigation links and widgets will be hidden and disabled. The less modules load, the faster the startup times are.
Would this be done under Adminstration - Advanced - System - ApplicationModules and then Set StartupType as seen in the attached screenshot?
If yes. For nonprogrammers it would be so much nicer to have a pulldown with options :-)
Alos I upgrade from 5.0 and I have some Modules where it sais DefaultValue is OnFirstCall but setting is OnApplicationStart.
The easiest way to disable the built - in modules is to navigate to the Modules section which can be found under the Administration tab. Please check the attached screenshots.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items
You should go to:
Administration -> Modules.
There you can activate or deactive modules or even uninstall them.
@Victor: just one minute quicker :) Well, Markus. Now you should not having a problem finding it!
Thanks to both of you.
I think thats a step into the right direction. I would love to have some deactived by default. Forums, Blogs, Events, MigrationTool* - Maybe with some Dashbord Text. The following modules are turned of to optimize performance. If you need them you can activate them here.
Still think the dashboard migrate now does not make sense.
My 5.1 site doesn't have a 'Modules' option on the administration dropdown ?
In fact, the backend pages and menu options all look essentially the same as 5.0 other than the obvious 5.1 banners.
Is this a fresh installation or an update. If an update did you build your project and was the DB updated? I was prompted with an screen that would tell me that my database would be optimized which could take up to 2 hours (took about 10 seconds on my SBE).
For me it seems you are still on 5.0. Also have you upgraded your licence in SF?
Definitely on 5.1 - but I applied the hotfix, and it seems to me that it might be the culprit.
I had installed the 5.1 upgrade, and got the "Optimising - may take 2 weeks to complete" message first time I logged onto the back-end.
However, I hadn't done any exploring when I saw the post about the hotfix, and assumed that must be pretty important to be issued so soon... so I downloaded and applied.
The instructions were to restore the database to pre-5.1 (in my case 5.0.2800.0) and then apply the 5.1hotfix - although all the project files produced by the project manager seem identical other than version.
However, although the project files are all updated to 5.1.3210.0 - I didn't get the message about needing to optimise the database, so I'm unsure if the DB has been processed, or if I now have a screwy install with a 5.1 project and a 5.0 database.
This is all looking very messy now, and I *REALLY* don't want to have to roll back everything to pre-5.1 update and start all over again, because it will involve a bunch of grief with custom assemblies that I've already updated to 5.1
I am not sure if Telerik knows how much trouble it is to take a 5.1 updated site back to 5.0 and then up to 5.1 hotfix 1 again. I know that is is not done with just a few clicks and also has a lot of risk in it if you are working with a live DB.
I would advice you to open a support ticket.
Fortunately, this is the dev (staging) version of the site and I have multiple snapshot backups of everything - I wouldn't *DARE* do this on our live site, unless I was planning a new career - LOL.
Worst case scenario, I can roll everything back to 5.0 (including my assemblies) and start the process all over - except using the 5.1-hotfix version. However it's going to cost me a solid day's work (and some aggro) and don't want to do it for no good reason.
I'll see what tech support have to say.
Couldn't wait for tech support (things to do) so bit the bullet and rolled everything back to 5.0 - database AND project - before upgrading to 5.1-HFX1
Now everything is working as expected.