"Stop Syncing" option not available

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:48

"Stop Syncing" option not available

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello,

In the Sitefinity project that I'm currently working on, all of our pages have an English and French translation.  When these pages were created, the syncing between languages was turned on.  However, in order to implement a certain feature, I've determined that it would be best to stop the syncing between each page's languages.  The problem is that I don't see the "Stop Syncing" option on every page... I only see it on some of them.  The rest of them only show the "Show other translations" option.  What is going on here?  Is there an alternate way for me to turn off the syncing between two translations of a page?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Earl,

Thank you for using our services.

The behavior you describe is quite odd. Usually, when you create two localized versions of a page, which are synchronized, the option to stop their syncing is available on the top of each language version of the page. Can you please make sure that you chose to synchronize the problematic pages when you first created them. I'm saying this, because you are also allowed to simply copy the content of the first language to the second one and keep the pages unsynchronized and in such case you won't have the option to "stop syncing" the pages, simply because they won't be synchronized. Please take a look at the attached image for further reference.

If the issue persists, please provide us with backend credentials to your website, so that we can observe this behavior further. Thank you for your cooperation!

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2012 00:00

I have this problem on a live website and the problem is it has many child pages and chile pages of childpages!!.

any idea how to stop syncing? since I am using different templates for english language?

I can't see the stop syncing. it just says it's synced

Please help me

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

By default the synced functionality can be removed when you edit one of the language versions of a page and at the top of the page above the "Publish" button click "stop syncing" link that will split all translated pages.

Another way is trough sitefintiy pages API, this is done by the property LocalizationStrategy:

using Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization;

PageManager manager = PageManager.GetManager();
            PageNode page = manager.GetPageNodes().Where(pN => pN.Title == "ThePageIwantToStopSyncing").FirstOrDefault();
            manager.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = true;
            PageData pageData = page.Page;
            pageData.LocalizationStrategy = LocalizationStrategy.Split;
            manager.SaveChanges();

Please try to split your pages by code and see if this will work.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2014 00:00

I have the same problem. I tried removing the whole language, but when I added a language it remembered some of my settings. Example one of my parent pages reappeared as soon as I added the same language (UK). And when I tried adding a new page it did not give me the option not to sync or not sync. It just creates a copied page.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Marc,

Actually best in such cases is to open a support ticket as investigating this may require sending your project with your database to test this unusual behavior on our end.

If you decide to open a support ticket, please also mention your Sitefinity version. 

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed