SF 5.1 Hotfix 1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:56

SF 5.1 Hotfix 1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2012 00:00

I assume it is safe to start a new project directly with the hofix.

I installed SF 5.1 Hotfix 1 using the installer and was presented with my 5.1.3200.0 project I finished yesterday. Now of course this project is whosn in my List of projects.

As per instractions to apply this hotfix I would have to take my 5.1.3200.0 back to 5.0.2800 and then upgrade.

Now since the project with 5.1.3200.0 is shown I was wonder what happens if I run an upgrade now. This could happen anytime in the future when I don't remember why this has happende.

Also what happens in the future. Future update like 5.1 SP 1 should of course be able to update form 5.1.3200.0 or not. Why was this not done with 5.1.3210.0 (time maybe?)

If updating to 5.1.3210.0 from 5.1.3200.0 could cause trouble I would like to know what the risks are. 
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

The hotfix addresses the problems described in this KB:Missing control properties values after upgrade to 5.1. Because of this if you had upgraded to 5.1 and had this problem, you would need to revert and upgrade again in order for the properties not to be missing. If you have not encountered any problems with your upgrade to 3200 and everything is working ok, you don't need to worry. And it is safe to use the hotfix as any other released version, just keep in mind this:When creating new project a folder called “Images“ is created in the root directory of the project solution.

All the best,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2012 00:00

Note: Just from personal experience... the instructions on the forum post for the hotfix are misleading. They say to revert the database, but don't specify anything else.

When I only restored the database, and then upgraded the project from 5.1 to 5.1-HF1  it ended in a mess, with the database not being properly updated and not being 'optimised' on first log-in... resulting in missing menu options - e.g. I didn't have the new Modules function.

I probably wasn't intended to be interpretted that way, but partial rollback doesn't work.

For the upgrade to work properly, I found that I needed to restore both database AND project to pre-5.1,  AND also restore my projects.xml to pre-5.1 status - i.e. restore everything.

This thread is closed