5.1 Image Folder

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:06

5.1 Image Folder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2012 00:00

What is the purpose of the Image folder created under 5.1 projects?

Especially with a subfolder with a space in the name and some images Default Images.

Leftover not cleanded up?

Markus

These images get inserted into every newsletter that gets sent to make them look pretty by default ;) 

No seriously though...you hit the nail on the head :)

"Leftover not cleanded up?"
Yup :)

Hi guys,

We have published KB on the matter -

www.sitefinity.com/.../when-creating-new-project-a-folder-called-“images“-is-created-in-the-root-directory-of-the-project-solution.aspx

In other words the new images folder that gets created ( with all its contents ) is a leftover and is not needed by Sitefinity and can be removed without worrying of breaking the project.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Victor

I wonder how many having had their own image folder will delete the images they still need.
I assume in SP1 this will be cleaned up, right.

Markus

Hello Markus,

Yes, in our next official release the folder will not be created ( along with the subfolder and the images in it ).

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

"I wonder how many having had their own image folder will delete the images they still need."

Actually I've never bothered to test, but occassionally wondered, if there would be a conflict with such a folder, given that it's the same url base used for referencing images stored in Sitefinity image Libraries.

This thread is closed