Styling built-in Sitefinity breadcrumb with current page tit

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:13

Styling built-in Sitefinity breadcrumb with current page title?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2012 00:00

Below is my hard coded breadcrumb HTML that renders properly with my style sheet.

<
div id="title-bar">
    <div id="title-bar-center" class="center">
        <div id="breadcrumbs">
            <a href="/home/">Home</a> »
            <a href="/home/brands">Brands</a> »
           <strong>Our Brands</strong>
             </
div>
           <h2 id="start">Our Brands</h2>
    </div>
</div>

I want to embed the built-in Sitefinity Breadcrumb nav control and be able to grab the current page title to replace the text of "Our Brands" in the h2 tag above.  When I do, like with the below code, no page title appears under the breadcrumb.  Any suggestions please?

<div id="title-bar">
    <div id="title-bar-center" class="center">
        <div id="breadcrumbs">
             <sf:SitefinityLabel id="BreadcrumbLabel" runat="server" WrapperTagName="span" HideIfNoText="true" CssClass="sfBreadcrumbLabel" />
               <telerik:RadSiteMap runat="server" ID="Breadcrumb" >
               <DefaultLevelSettings ListLayout-RepeatDirection="Horizontal" Layout="Flow"/>
               </telerik:RadSiteMap>

<!--This is the closest to a page title, 'SelectedPageTitle' I could find in my list of fields available in the breadcrumb template editor screen. -->
</div>
<h2 id="start">
<sitefinity:TextField runat="server"  DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# Eval("SelectedPageTitle")%>' />
</h2>
        </div>
    </div>

Sitefinity 5 if it makes any diff.  Tnx.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2012 00:00

Corby, did you figure out how to do this? I have the same issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2014 00:00

I am having the same problem. How can I access the template properties in the template? eg.SelectedPageTitle. 

it is working for the CSS Class with <%= this.GetCssClass() %>

Unfortunatelly <%= this.SelectedPageTitle() %> is not working.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2014 00:00

Hello all,

There is a blog post by Slavo Ingilizov showing how to extend the breadcrumb widget here:
Including item titles in the Sitefinity breadcrumb

It describes how to extend it to display page`s title in both webforms and MVC widgets.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed