Equal Height Columns in Layouts

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:19

Equal Height Columns in Layouts

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Sitefinity Team.

Is there a way to set an equal height for columns in layouts?

We are looking for the solution that will allow to create a layout in which all the columns assume the height of the tallest column.
Just like the height of html table with many columns will expand to the tallest column.

We also would like to put a border around columns just like in the html table, as well as to be able to specify different background color for each column.

We will appreciate any help from your team or sitefinity community

Hi Vitako,

When we need columns to be of equal heights, we always use a little jQuery plugin found at:
filamentgroup.com/.../

For the border and background color, I guess you can just use CSS.

Rick.

Hi guys,

One other way is to apply an additional class to each column of the layout widget - see the AdditionalClass.PNG. After that drop a CSS widget on the page. To access the containers I have used the following CSS selector: .myclass>* (note that this might be different in your scenario). Setting up your CSS from there is a little bit trickier job, so I have prepared a google search on the subject for you.

Best regards
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed