Programmatically adding fields to modules created using Modu

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:43

Programmatically adding fields to modules created using Module Builder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2012 00:00

Sitefinity 4.4

Using Module Builder, I created a Custom Module for a back-end-only requirement. This module is supposed to hold aggregated (from many forms) form submission data and help admins visualize it in the back-end.

Sitefinity created a new table in the database for this custom module with a few fields that I started it out with initially using the Module Builder. We need to be able to add more fields to this module programmatically whenever the submission data has newer keys. I want to be able to add those fields as columns to the table that was created by the Module Builder and have those new fields be available for editing/visualization from the Sitefinity back-end module item management UI. 
Is this possible??

When I add using the DynamicData facade, fields get added to sf_meta_fields. These do not appear in the UI when I go to manage that module's items OR when I go to edit that module.

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Pete,

Did you get an answer for this?

Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

Creating fields is only available through the UI at this moment.

Greetings,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed