Cloning site

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:54

Cloning site

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi
SF 4.1.
I need to clone my existing site. I copied both the site and backend sql server db then replaced in my cloned site all references to old db with the new db including in data configuration file. Problem is when I run the cloned site I get the error below at the end. What am I missing in getting the cloned site to run please?
Thanks
Regards

Database 'site_db_dev' already exists. Choose a different database name.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Database 'site_db_dev' already exists. Choose a different database name.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[SQLException: Database 'site_db_dev' already exists. Choose a different database name.]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.StatementImp.executeUpdate(String sql) +191
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.StatementImp.execute(String sql) +5
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.tools.ant.DataObjectsTaskBase.ExecuteSqlScript(String script, Connection con, SqlDriver sqlDriver, Boolean noShredder) +309

[OpenAccessException: SQL exception on 'CREATE DATABASE site_db_dev' : Database 'site_db_dev' already exists. Choose a different database name.]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.ExceptionWrapper.Throw() +7
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.tools.ant.DataObjectsTaskBase.throwBuildException(String str, Exception e) +29
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.tools.ant.DataObjectsTaskBase.ExecuteSqlScript(String script, Connection con, SqlDriver sqlDriver, Boolean noShredder) +364
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.tools.ant.DatabaseCreationTask.createDatabase() +1062

[OpenAccessException: Telerik.OpenAccess.OpenAccessException: SQL exception on 'CREATE DATABASE site_db_dev' : Database 'site_db_dev' already exists. Choose a different database name.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMetaDataProvider_4145b3243aee4029b51840c99b7a563a.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +197
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +1250
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +63
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +297
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +131
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Metadata.MetadataManager..ctor() +12

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +98
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +241
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +103
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +80
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +171
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +261
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +238
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +115
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +10
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +517
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +194
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +339
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +253

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9013676
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Yahua,

I have answered you in the support thread.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2012 00:00

Not to necro this post but if others are having a similar issue saying you answered it elsewhere and not linking or duplicating the information is frustrating.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

I am also facing the same issue. can you please let us know the solution

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi,

The error in the initial post shows us that the system is trying to create the project's database again. Can you make sure that the connection string in the DataConfig ( or in the webconfig if you have such ) point to the same database on the proper server. 

If you are want to successfully clone your website, you can follow these steps:

1. Copy the folder containing the project files.
2. Create a backup of the database.

3. Set the site on the new environment.
4. Restore the backed up database. Verify that the users managing the database exist in the new environment, as well as the schema.
5. Edit the connection string in the DataConfig and in the webconfig ( if you have set it there ).
6. Run the site in VS or IIS. If you are running it on IIS, review the following article to make sure that it is properly set:

www.sitefinity.com/.../installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_7.aspx

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2017 00:00

Also, if you're moving from one environment using SQL credentials to one where you're using an Active Directory account and Integrated Security, just make sure you add that account to the list of the database logins in SQL Server.

D

This thread is closed