Setting permissins for new roles

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:23

Setting permissins for new roles

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

Please help me to set permissions for different roles created in sitefinity? I logged in as admin and tried to add permissions for the new roles. But the assigned permissions are not accessile when I logged as a user in corresponding role. Why its like this? For accessing assigned permissions for new roles what should I do? (All these have to do without any code level modification)
Im a starter in sitefinity. Please help me. Im using 5.1 version

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

You have been given an answer in ticket with ID: 568771. So if you don't mind I will close this ticket and any further correspondence on the subject can be held there.

Best regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Pavel Beno,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I could set permissions for the newly created roles. But the problem is that when I logged in as a user in that specific role (newly created role), I cant access all the permissions set by administrator. That means the menu for that permission in the top will not be shown.
For example, if administrator set pemissions for a TestDesigner (a newly created role).
Say for example administrator is allowing permission for module builder. When I logged as a user in TestDesigner, the module builder will not be seen in anywhere in the dash board.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello,

I have replied you in this forum thread. Please let's continue any further discussion there. 

Kind regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed