undefined error when adding any kind of content

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:28

undefined error when adding any kind of content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2012 00:00

I am receiving and undefined error when i try to do anything in sitefinity. When i try to add a master page, create a template, add a page, add news or events, etc. What could be causing this?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Chris,

The error might be coming from number of different areas thus any additional information about the project and the environment would be helpful to us in order to determine the cause of the error. Can you tell us when did you start to notice the error?

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2012 00:00

I noticed the error from the first time I opened the project. I literally can not add any sort of content (pages, photos, news, events, etc) at all. I am using sitefinity version 5.1   IIS 7. 

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Chris,

We have answered you in the support thread.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2012 00:00

That's good to know you solved Chris's problem in the support thread, but could you list some type of information as to what was happening and how it was fixed for the rest of the people who come on this forum post?

It would be nice to get some information on the first Sitefinity Forum post instead of having to check 10 different ones...

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Miles,

In most cases the problem is related to some configuration or setting on IIS or the environment. Chris can share additional information on what was the problem in his case from the ticket with the community.

However, in order to understand what is true problem behind the general exception, we will need additional information about the project and the environment - how the site was set, when did you start to notice the problem. Also attaching a trace log of the reproduced issue would help us as well.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2013 00:00

Victor, 

I have two separate instances of Sitefinity on two identical sites.  (One is a test site, another is production.)  I am getting the same error that Chris described on production, while the beta site is working just fine.  Can you provide us with a link to the solution?  I have search the Sitefinity forums and have found lots of people asking this question but have not been able to find an answer.

Thanks, Ann 

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Ann,

In order to understand what might be the issue on your end ( but I think it is a server / environment related ) you might need to provide us with a tracelog ( you can check the link in my previous response ) and also make sure that your production site is configured as in our documentation:

www.sitefinity.com/.../configuring-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects

www.sitefinity.com/.../installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_7

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2013 00:00

I just wanted to add that I has this similar issue.  I went from a Project/Development environment then published the site.  There was errors loading the site the a refresh resolved, the Undefined error.  I found this article and it helped fix my problem.

www.sitefinity.com/.../pages-cannot-be-published-after-installation

This thread is closed