Email Campaigns Unsubscribe Link

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:42

Email Campaigns Unsubscribe Link

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi all, I tried searching the forums but was unable to find anything to do with Unsubscribe in 5.1 Email Campaigns.    I selected the Unsubsribe Link in the drop down box of the content control in the campaign template, it inserted |MergeContextItems.UnsubscribeLink|.   

When I sent out an email there is no link in the email.  I am sure I am missing a step somewhere.  Can someone point this out or point a document page that will help me set up the unsubscribe link?  I tried the Sitefnity documentation  for Unsubscribe with no results already.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello,

Please note that in order to make the unsubscribe link to work - you'll need to add a Page that contains Unsubscribe Widget in the Mail Settings of the mailing list that you created:

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2012 00:00

I have built a page with the Unsubscribe widget.  When I modify the mailing list, select the page in the unsubscribe settings and then click SAVE, I get an error:  "There has been a problem while saving a list."

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Corbett,

I tried to reproduce the issue but to no avail. Please take a look at this video that I made for you to see what is the behavior on my side and let me know if there are some steps missing.

If there are not steps missing could you please give me a live url and credentials. Also could you please let me know which version of Sitefinity are you using.

Thank you!

All the best,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

We've deleted and recreated the page, all appears to be fine now.  We are running Sitefinity 5.4 so maybe something was broke on the original page.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2013 00:00

Dear Veronica

I think I have everything set up how it is supposed to be in my fresh 6.1 installation

I created a template to welcome the user. The Unsubsribe link is empty when I receive the mail.

Screencast

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for reporting this.It is a known issue. The unsubscribe link is not resolved in the Welcome message of the email campaign. We have this logged in our bug tracking system. Here you can follow it and vote for it: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/15280

Regards,
Petya
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2013 00:00

@Petya

a) It seems to have been fixed before unless i read the post wrong
b) Thank's for linking to PITS so it wont go unnoticed
c) I hate having to vote for BUGs on PITS - just fix them
d) Well how about adding the know issues to the realease notes like the rest
    1) I would not have to waste my time looking for what I am doing wrong
    2) I would put some pressure on Telerik to fix bugs faster :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

We agree that voting for bugs does not sound as a very intuitive approach - after all we have to fix everything that we have in the bug tracking system. However sometimes a high number of votes on a PITS bug item help us to prioritize them.

Please note that we try to include all known issues in our release notes but it seems that this one has been omitted. Please excuse us for any inconvenience caused by this.

Regards,
Tihomir
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2013 00:00

Will this be fixed in the next release?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

This fix will has not been included in the 6.2 planning. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2013 00:00

Dear Atanas

How about adding it to the 7.x roadmap. 

As long as we get a ton of  new features with every release we should be happy keeping the old bugs alive.

Loyal to Telerik and Siftenity but bug fixing in Sitefinity is simply less then I expect from Telerik. 

Realy makes one sad to report errors and than have the feeling to remind Telerik over and over that a bug is not yet fixed - getting the not many votes answers.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Oct-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Once again Newsletter E-Mail marketing is such an huges selling piont of yours. Why not fix the known bugs?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

I have increased the priority of this bug. At this point we do not have an estimate. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2013 00:00

DearAtanas

Any news on this bug. I think beeing able to send an unsubscribe link is somewhat essential to a newsletter modul and is has been reported in August. So when 6.3 will hit the market probably in January this would be another bug that has not been fixed for 6 month.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Currently I do not have any information regrading this issue. As soon as there is an update on our end, I will post it here.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2013 00:00

Dear Atanas

Please do so and surprise me :-)

I will ask again in 12/2014

Markus

This thread is closed