PITS Votes

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:58

PITS Votes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2012 00:00

All,

For the first time I 'voted' on a PITS issue. The only reason is I need some functionality that I believe should exist and doesn't. It has been over a year since I thought it was going to be taken care of. I felt a bit dirty after the experience but find this is my only avenue for change.

The idea of voting on something that needs to be done is a bit repulsive to me. Suggestions are nice; however, a system that fixes problems based on the highest votes seems like it has lost direction.

Some things need to be fixed, whether or not someone votes on it. The line on the roadmap says in a celebratory way "The Sitefinity team will fix some of the most popular stuff logged in PITS" Its like if I order a cheeseburger and it comes with no cheese and the restaurant saying "it hasn't got enough votes" the pickle request was 3 votes higher.

We all have things we need or want but it should be an internal decision based on promises made and decision making from within the company that is developing the system. The big things that are touted on the Roadmaps are usually pretty cool but probably not of big use 'to me' at this point because I work on fairly small projects. 

Anyways, felt the need to comment. If I am off base here please let me know I would welcome an opinion that changes mine.

Regards,
John S.

Dear John
Don't worrie. Not all issues with votes, no mather how high will get resolved. To me PITS is not really a tool for decition making. Some stuff is on PITS for a long time as bug and not resolved. Some stuff is on PITS with a lot of votes and is not been implemented for many releases.
So again don't worry Telerik absolutely makes the decitions not only based on PITS.

To me the problem is more that sometimes you get our cheesburger this way:
bun - meat - bun - cheese.

When you complain you get a KB article telling you that the solution is to remove the lower bun, then put the meet on top of the cheese and put the lower bun on top (you dont want to touch the melted cheese :-)
The problem is that you will have katchup on the bottom and top and the next burger comes the same way.

Markus

PS: for once a food and not a car example :-)

Hi John S.

"If I am off base here please let me know I would welcome an opinion that changes mine."

No, I think you are right. First fix the bugs and annoying things that are there too long, then add new fancy stuff.

---
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

Thanks Daniel and Markus for you responses.

Markus: If PITS is not a tool for decision making, what is it?

@John S

That's a good question. Not wishing to sound negative, but given the 700+ open issues, with only 33 in progress, it's pretty hard to work out what practical purpose it serves.

@MB
  I'd say it's a security blanket to make you feel like you're being listened to :)  Not that they don't check it, but fixes are clearly not at all in any way based on top voted issues.

Multi-site, sounded cool...until they said you'd need to have a special license (well I guess that makes sense)...but I want multi on my single license for my already licensed unlimited subdomains

But overall I could find at least a few hundred more things I want in there over this

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2012 00:00

To me getting something to appear on PITS is kind of a prove that a problem exists. Also to have a semi official way of saying that problem has been around for so and so lon.
As with Steve I am longing for so many small things rather then big stuff comming to Enterprise.
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2012 00:00

Normally we need two different Locations.

One App for Bugs and one for Suggestions.

Telerik take a look on our Control you build for update the products.
Build an App like that for Bugs. Please don´t use a Website for it.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

Activity Chart on PITS 

:-) no new open issues for Sitefinity in the past 12 month. 

Markus

This thread is closed