Can't add user in Sitefinity 5.1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:43

Can't add user in Sitefinity 5.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello,
We are trying to setup a new Sitefinity 5.1 project. However, we cannot add any new users. I click on "Create User" and fill out the information. But, I click the add button, nothing happens. I've filled in every possible field. What could be going on? Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2012 00:00

I am running into an issue as well....I get an error message at the top of the page with I click the add button:

Specified method is not supported.

How can we get around this?  Maybe I'll try upgrading to the 5.1 SP1 release.

-Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2012 00:00

We also have an issue creating users. Even after filling out all the fields, we get an error message at the top which states 'The answer you provided is not valid'.

It doesn't indicate which field is incorrect.

Pretty stumped at the moment and the client is getting restless.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello,

The problem with error message 'The answer you provided is not valid' is occurring because security question and answer have been enabled for the membership provider in Administration->Settings->Advanced->Security->Membership Providers->Default->Parameters-> securuityQuestionAndAnswer, edit the Value textbox and set it to false. Restart the application and the problem will be gone. There is a bug in Sitefinity that security question and answer are not working because when you enable them they require security question and answer fields to be filled for each user, but there are no such fields exposed.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

Has been a couple of years now. Is this still a bug with the control? Is there a way to expose the fields yet? We have to implement a custom provider but would like to keep the admin functionality working.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Drew,

This should not be an obstacle now, after setting "requiresQuestionAndAnswer" to true, you can create new users. This is tested on Sitefinity 7.0 and works as expected.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed