SMTP Issue - Unable to relay

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:27

SMTP Issue - Unable to relay

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2012 00:00

I am using version 5.0. If I use the test SMTP settings from Email Campaigns - I can send to email address inside my domain - but nothing outside it. If I do - I then get the message mailbox unavailable. There server response was 5.7.1 Unable to relay.

I have my valid email set in the DefaultSenderEmailAddress from the advanced smtp settings page. Any suggestions??

I saw in this post someone was having similar issue with old version of program. http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-3-x/set-up-installation/hosted-exchange-smtp.aspx - Where does this get changed - so the from address is from a valid email address [ When Sitefinity sends the test message it is sending as sitefinitymailsender@telerik.com (which is not authorized) sender e-mail is hardcoded in the current versions ] .

Any suggestions??

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2012 00:00

A 5.7.1 sounds like relay access control.

Check the config of the SMTP server, and make sure it's granting relay access to the Website's IP address.

If you are using the IIS-6 SMTP service, this is Properties->Access->Relay for the virtual SMTP host.

This thread is closed