Migrating old Site ULRs with Extensions - Great Feature

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:10

Migrating old Site ULRs with Extensions - Great Feature

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2012 00:00

I am migrating an old site and want the new SF 5.1 site to be able to handle the old ULR.

I was searching the forum and found some thread about url rewrite and stuff. 

However you can use multiple urls feature under the title and properties of the page and simple use

~/oldpage
~/oldpage.aspx
~/oldpage.eventhisworks

Any extension is handled. Of course .css, .js .php might not be the best idea. But for migrating old sites thats just wonderfull and easy

a) since what version is that possible
b) Telerik thanks for getting this done this way. Great feature. 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for contacting the Telerik support team. We are constantly trying to meet our clients' expectations, so it is a pleasure to know that you found this new functionality useful!
The new feature is included in Migration module release with Sitefinity 5.1 3200 and above. The original 3.7 urls of pages will be migrated the same way they exist in your old 3.7 site.There is a difference between the format of content items urls in Sitefinity 3.7 and 5.*. So for news, events and blogs posts there are two options - the original url could be migrated the same way or the original url could be migrated as an additional url which redirects to the new 5.* url. To choose which way you would like to migrate news, events and blog posts urls, go to Administration > Settings and switch to Advanced settings, then go to MigrationModule section. You will see a property named "OriginalUrlsAreMigratedAsAdditional". It is set to False by default.

Regards,

Miroslava
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2012 00:00

Dear Miroslava

A big thank's to the team. I thought that this was not always possible. 

This is such an time saver when migrating sites not previously run by SF as well. 

A very very good feature that needs mentioning.

Thanks again
Markus

This thread is closed