Where's my widget?!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:59

Where's my widget?!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2012 00:00

Ok, so I have followed the MVC short video and attempted to implement my own MVC implementation for a simple form.

The folder structure can be seen in WheresMyWidgetFolder with the ControllerToolboxItem set up in WheresMyWidget.PNG.

This has been built/rebuilt, etc and a new page set up accordingly. However, when I go to add content to the page and search for the MVC tools, all I see is Widgets.PNG.

Where have I gone wrong?! The only thing that stands out to untrained yes is the namespace but surely, SURELY that won't be the reason for it not showing is it?

Do I need to change my web config to bring this widget through? I'm sad. 

That doesn't look like the list of a page based on a template set to MVC Pure or Hybrid mode...? (Defiantly not pure anyway)

I know it doesn't..but it is a page template set to hybrid :'(

Well that's certainly odd

...what if you use Thunder to create a new widget (couple clicks), build, then see if that shows up?

I'll give that a try tomorrow.

For now, I need to step away from the computer before the computer vacates the building at high velocity.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2012 00:00

Wowsers this is infuriating!!!

So I've downloaded SF Thunder and tried adding a widget this way. No joy.

Might have a clue with the issue though since when I try adding an MVC widget, I get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" - could that be the namespace issue I alluded to above?

i.e. can you change your solution / web app name / namespace and add widgets?

Twenty minutes in, nearly in tears already :'(

Right. Seeing as this is right at the start. I'm going to treat myself to setting up the new VS and try again from scratch.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2012 00:00
Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2012 00:00

Cheers Pascal.

Yeah I've set up a new project and kept the namespaces the same. Works absolutely fine.

Perhaps it's just an ingenious way of promoting Sitefinity :D

At least I know it's not me going completely mad!

This thread is closed