inline edit does not work - version 5.1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:06

inline edit does not work - version 5.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2012 00:00

Does it require a special configuration somewhere? How do I make it work? Watched the video, it does not say that anything has to be configured... Logged in as an admin...

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2012 00:00

What do you mean by 'does not work' ?

When you click on the Tools icon, and then click on 'Show editing tools', you should see buttons where you can edit content.

If some custom widgets/controls are not offering in-line editing options, then perhaps they don't include the required support code for the BrowseAndEditToolbar

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2012 00:00

Certainly Administrator should have sufficient privs to see it.

Perhaps you might do a quick hunt through the html for "sfOpenBrowseAndEditMenuLnk" to see if it's there but being hidden by some CSS conflict ??

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2012 00:00

Well, as I suspected, there is an additional configuration for the inline editing. Wondering why nobody in this forum knew about it... Here it is:
1. Go to yoursiteurl/.../Advanced
2.  click 'Pages'
3. set "Enable in-line editing" to true
So, in ADDITION to the Permission section, the inline editing option should be configured on the pages level as well. Wondering if it's somewhere in those 315 pages of Sitefinity user's manual and if so, why it didn't come up in the search result page when I was searching for the answer all over the sitefinity site...

@Inna,

I think most of us just leave it off... can be a great feature but we're all a tad old fashion

Jochem

Thanks a bunch, Jochem, for showing me how to "unlock" this feature. Still, don't get why it's not in the manual... seems like there was no concern about its length. And the feature has been advertised much. Could be as well taught how to make it available....

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2012 00:00

@Jochen
"I think most of us just leave it off..."

I can't speak for anyone else, but I just left it ON.

I didn't consider such a setting, because it was enabled by default on my systems.

However, all of mine have been upgraded from 4.x versions.

I wonder, has this changed for 5.x installs ?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2012 00:00

@MB,

No you're right, by default / out-of-the-box it is turned 'on'. 

Back in the beginning of v4 it had some browser issues and it causes some extra load. So most people I know turn it off when starting development and then 'just leave it off...' 

Given the fact that browsers seem to span new versions faster than we as dev can keep up with, I'd say if turned on, warn your clients that it may affect their browsing experience...

Jochem.

This thread is closed