VB.Net

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 03:58

VB.Net

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2012 00:00

Does Sitefinity allow development using VB.Net?

Hi George,

Sure, you can use VB.NET as your development language. No problem.
Although most documentation and samples are in C#, you could easily convert the code, if that is needed: http://converter.telerik.com/

Regards,
Daniel

Hello,

Sitefinity does allow you to use VB.NET as your development language.for the purpose you have to convert your sitefinity project to be VB.NET project as by default it is created as C# project. For the purpose follow the guide in this KB article.
Note you can only use VB.NET or C# in your Sitefinity projects as mixing them will not work.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Daniel...it worked like a charm.  Now I need to find out which version of RadTools is supported by 5.1!

Well, just look into the bin directory of you SF installation, right-click the Telerik.Web.UI.dll and choose 'Properties'. You'll find the version under the 'Details' tab, Product Version.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2012 00:00

After a project is converted, will the upgrade project in the Project Manager upgrade the VB project?
Thanks,
John

Dear John 

I don't know the answer about your last question. But can tell you that I started of with VB and VB still make a lot more sense to me then C#. However since most of the resources found are C# I started to leave my Sitefinity Projects in c# and bit the bullet and started adjusting.

Especially for small projects that is nor problem at all. Most of the time http://converter.telerik.com/ is a good starting point.

It might be worth considering and avoid future hassles. 

Markus

For as far as I can see the projects.xml file contains the projects. You can see the LocalPath attribute always refers to the root directory of your project (in HTTP and FileSystem mode), so probably the Project Manager searches for any project called 'SitefinityWebApp' ?

So, if you really use the Project Manager as a starting point to fire up Visual Studio, I think you'll be allright.

Just try it out?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

Can I create MVC projects in VB .NET?  I believe the documentation said I couldn't, but I find that hard to believe.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

If your sitefintiy project is converted to be visual basic web application and the file structure for MVC is in place create MVC widgets for use in sitefintiy, the views for MVC will be with extension .vbhtml .

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed